Coursework for the university general education requirement in the bachelor of science in public health is distributed as follows:
- Communication—one approved course in university writing and two approved writing-in-the-disciplines (WID) courses;
- Critical Analysis in the Humanities—one approved course in humanities that involves critical thinking skills;
- Quantitative Reasoning—one approved course in either mathematics or statistics;
- Scientific Reasoning—one approved laboratory course that employs the process of scientific inquiry; and,
- Critical Analysis in the Social Sciences—two approved courses in the social sciences
Please visit the university general education requirement page for a list of qualifying courses.