The following requirements must be fulfilled: 45 credits, including 19 credits in core courses, 10 credits in program-specific courses, 6 credits in concentration courses, 8 or 9 credits in selective courses, and 1 or 2 credits in general elective courses.
|PUBH 6000||MPH Applied Practice Experience|
|PUBH 6002||Biostatistical Applications for Public Health|
|PUBH 6003||Principles and Practices of Epidemiology|
|PUBH 6007||Social and Behavioral Approaches to Public Health|
|PUBH 6009||Fundamentals of Public Health Program Evaluation|
|PUBH 6011||Environmental and Biological Foundations of Public Health|
|PUBH 6012||Fundamentals of Health Policy|
|PUBH 6021||Essentials of Public Health Practice and Leadership I|
|PUBH 6022||Essentials of Public Health Practice and Leadership II|
|PUBH 6023||Interprofessional Education Experience|
|PUBH 6060||MPH@GW Culminating Experience I|
|PUBH 6061||MPH@GW Culminating Experience II|
|PUBH 6052||Practical Data Management and Analysis for Public Health|
|PUBH 6442||Comparative Global Health Systems|
|PUBH 6500||Planning and Implementing Health Promotion Programs|
|PUBH 6503||Introduction to Public Health Communication and Marketing|
|Health informatics and analytics concentration courses|
|PUBH 6704||Health Information Technology, Informatics, and Decision Making|
|PUBH 6706||Population and Community Health Analytics|
|8 or 9 credits in selective courses for the concentration from the following:|
|PUBH 6703||Healthcare Delivery and Health IT|
|PUBH 6705||Health Law and Health IT|
|PUBH 6714||Design of Technologies for Health and Healthcare Settings|
|PUBH 6717||Predictive Analytics|
|PUBH 6730||Health Systems and Health IT Applied Analysis Immersion|
|PUBH 6894||Research Analytics|
|1 or 2 credits in any graduate-level course. *|
*The number of general elective credits depends on the number taken as selective courses. Visit the MPH@GW website for an updated list of elective options.
MPH graduation requirements
- Graduate credit requirement: 45 graduate credits.
- Course requirements: Successful completion of core and program-specific courses.
- Practicum Requirement: Students are required to fulfill all requirements of the Applied Practice Experience (Practicum) to receive credit for PUBH 6000 MPH Applied Practice Experience.
- Interprofessional Education Experience (IPE): Students are required to enroll and participate in an authorized IPE activity (PUBH 6023 Interprofessional Education Experience).
- Minimum grade-point requirement: minimum 3.0 (B) cumulative grade-point average.
- Time limit requirement: The degree must be completed within five years.
- Transfer credit policy: With approval, up to 12 graduate credits that have not been applied to any previous graduate degree may be transferred to the master of public health program. External credits must have been earned from an accredited institution in the last three years with a minimum grade of 3.0 (B) in each course. Students in SPH graduate certificate programs can transfer as many credits earned toward the certificate to the MPH degree as meet MPH degree requirements, to a maximum of 18 credits.
- Graduate certificate students wishing to transfer to a degree program may apply to do so after completion of three or more courses with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 via the online change of concentration petition. A minimum grade of B is required for a specific course to be eligible for transfer.
- CITI Training requirement: All students are required to complete training regarding human subject protection regulation and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Integrity Quiz and Plagiarism requirement: All students are required to review the George Washington University Code of Academic Integrity and take the SPH Academic Integrity Quiz at GWSPH Source. within their first semester of study.
- Professional Enhancement requirement: Students must participate in eight hours of public health-related lectures, seminars, and symposia, related to their field of study.